Victim to Victory
In my last post I shared my thoughts with you on how we as beings try to avoid pain at all cost by running away or using our default shield of Food, Netflix, Booze, Overworking or whatever your personal ‘go-to’ is. It’s totally understandable and of course human instinct to run when we’re in danger of being hurt, but by doing so we miss out on a precious gift when we’re continuously “dodging the bullet”.
What if nothing is happening to you or against you, but actually it is all happening FOR you?
Perspective is a life skill
- Take a step back, and give yourself a day to think and get clarity, so you don’t do or say something you’ll later have to apologise for
- Remind yourself that you “Got this” and that you are safe
- Make a conscious decision to be curious about the situation at hand.
- Ask yourself why this is happening?
- What are you supposed to learn here?
- Is this part of a repeated pattern of yours?
- Ask yourself, what your part is?
- What could you have done differently?
- Be brutally honest with yourself!
- Remember that it takes two to tango, and that the other person is always a mirror of where you’re at
- Swallow your pride and go back and take responsibility for whatever your part is without expecting that the other person is ready to do the same
- Pat yourself on the back, for being willing and able to change your old ways, for not being reactive and that no matter how people responded, you can be proud of how you handled the situation, and that’s all that matters at the end of the day!
Change your energy, change your life
Remember, nothing is happening to you, or against you, it is all happening FOR you. Helping you grow and get wiser.